Become an Insider!
If you have more than a passing interest in weather and storm chasing, become a KSStorm.Info Insider! Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy as an insider:
- a private Facebook community where you can discuss upcoming risks and weather-related interests
- be sure you get notification from Facebook when there’s new data, photos and video
- share your own weather photos, observations and video
- have a troll-free place to talk openly about whether the warning process worked or not
- the Insiders Page is the only place we stream video AND audio…as we are getting into position, you’re welcome to discuss, critique, and ask questions — and we’ll answer them right in the video stream!
- extra-detail Insiders-only analysis, exclusive video and photos, and more! Here’s a couple of examples: Insiders Only Briefing, Sunday 4-9-2017 Storms (pdf) High-res GOES-16 satellite loop showing early storm development 4/4/17 — below (click to play the loop)
The KSStorm.Info Insiders community will include discussions of a more advanced nature than our public postings. There is an expectation you’ll have a decent amount of weather knowledge and are committed to civilized discourse. As an example, “when is this going to hit my house?” would not be an acceptable question, as you’re expected to be able to put together the location and speed information and calculate it yourself.
Because of the advanced nature of the community, subscriptions are subject to qualification.
Why is this a paid subscription?
The main reason is the additional cost of streaming full-motion HD (1080p) video and audio vs. the 4 frames per second video only streams. It consumes 2-3x more cellular data to send the one Facebook Live stream than it does to send the two video-only streams. I just can’t support doing that without some participation in the cost by those enjoying the feed. I won’t post the Facebook Live feed on my public pages because certain national media outlets have a habit of swiping those videos and not licensing them or crediting the videographer.
The small investment also acts as a filter. My goal is for this to become a real community, not just a page of information broadcast from me to you. A “free” something is easy to put aside, which will lead to the community withering on the vine.
I offer the subscription with three renewal cycles because I realize some only have interest in severe weather season, or perhaps would only want to have the enhanced information during the busiest month or two of the year. As long as you have an active subscription, the video and audio content and discussion will go on year-round, not just in “storm season.”
Click one of the buttons to subscribe (we do not receive or store your credit card information)
I’m looking forward to welcoming you to the KSStorm.Info Insiders community!